Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Healing in the Womb!

I am currently halfway through my second pregnancy. This time, it is a girl, and I am so excited! In the beginning, the enemy tried to put that fear into my mind. That fear that something would go wrong. You see, with my first pregnancy, a son, I had complications and he suffered brain damage. Here's a little backstory… When I was 20 weeks pregnant with my first child, my doctor called me after a sonogram and said he thought the baby had down syndrome. At this time, I was a believer, but not in divine healing. This news sent my world into a downward spiral. After that, I got a bad report after bad report. I believe them and clung to them and cried for days and days. I spent my entire pregnancy and the first year of my sons life being sad about this news. After my son turned one, I found the truth. I learned God's true nature and his will for hearing. I found team avalanche, and the rest is history. 

So, here I am having my 20 week ultrasound, and my doctor tells me he sees the same exact things that he saw it with my son. What he saw was called echogenic bowel and a possible heart defect. These were the first two signs that my son showed when he was in the womb. This time, knowing the truth, I called up a mighty prayer warrior sister and we prayed. I will not lie to you and say that I did not cry. I did. For a second, I almost let the devil get to me. But this sweet sister of mine, being the amazing prayer warrior mama that she is, basically yelled at me and told me to cut it out. It was a loving yell meant to bring me back to the truth. She snapped me back into kingdom reality. We spoke on the phone almost every day and prayed and spoke truth into my little girl's life. I was not going to let the enemy have this child. I will not let him have either of my children. I made a decision to fight. I disregarded the doctors report and believe the report of the Lord. Every day, for three weeks, I spoke life into my belly. I told my little girl she was healed and perfect. I told her she would live and not die. I did not speak the doctors report. I spoke the report of the Lord. I did not even tell my husband. I knew I had the victory.

Fast forward to three weeks later, and it was time for my repeat sonogram. I went into the sonogram very excited. Not nervous or anxious, but excited for the good report that I knew was mine! I could tell you the long version, but the short one is just as good, and I know you're ready to hear it! I had my sonogram and my appointment with my doctor. The "official" doctors report reads, "cardiovascular {heart} structure and function normal. There is no bowel echogenecity as previously seen." Ok, now you can celebrate!! Hallelujah, all praise to King Jesus!

God is true to His Word. His Word is truth and life. There is nothing that says you have to accept the report of man; in fact, if it's contrary to the Word, you should reject it! Believe the report of the Lord! The victory is yours!!